We are excited to announce that the staff of Andy Hymel’s School of Music is actively making preparations to reopen our doors again and resume lessons. We know that reopening must take place in phases according to the guidelines established by our local authorities and the CDC. We have outlined our plan below. Please refer to our website or call the school for the latest update.
Phase 2: Music School Opens- June 1st, 2020
- The Music School will be open to students with some minor restrictions.*
- We may ask guardians to wait in their vehicles. Only the student will be allowed into the lesson room. At the end of the lesson, a staff member will walk out younger students.
- Masks and social distancing may be mandatory. Please use the habits you have been practicing that make you feel safe.
- Temperatures may be taken upon entry and hand sanitizing will be required before and after each lesson.
- Ensemble and Me and My Music classes will remain closed at this time.
Phase 3: Projected July, 2020
- The Music School will be open to guests and visitors with possible restrictions.*
- Masks and social distancing will be encouraged during this phase, and certainly you can continue to practice what makes you feel safe.
- Ensemble classes will resume with possible restrictions.*
- Me and My Music classes will remain closed at this time.
Phase 4: No projected date
- The Music School will be open to all guests and visitors.
- All programs will resume at normal capacity.
*Individuals who are displaying any symptoms, have been exposed to COVID-19 or live with those who are exhibiting any symptoms are asked to please stay home. Similarly, anyone considered high risk such as seniors, people with serious medical conditions, or those living with vulnerable individuals should stay home.